Shogun Post - Merging Finger Data
Note: This article applies to both Prime 3 Haptic XR Gloves and Prime 3 Mocap Gloves
Note: This article applies to both Quantum Mocap Metagloves and Quantum XR Metagloves.
This guide will help you merge simultaneously captured Shogun body and MANUS hand data recordings.
Installing the Post Script
Download from Resource Center
Obtain the Shogun Post script from the Resource Center.
Placing the Scripts
- Locate the Shogun scripts folder in your Shogun installation directory. It's typically found at "Program Files/Vicon/ShogunPost1.x [version number]/scripts/FileIO".
- Copy the downloaded scripts and place them in this directory.
To ensure a smooth merging process, follow these recommendations during the data capturing phase:
Recommended Capture Method
Setup Vicon Shogun Live to broadcast capture and select Vicon as the remote trigger. MANUS Core will then automatically start, stop and save. The recordings will be saved in the capture folder specified in Shogun Live. Make sure the folder specified in Shogun Live actually exists.
For convenience, name the user(s) in MANUS Core identically to the subject(s) in Shogun. This helps streamline the merging process.
It's recommended to use timecode to ensure that the recordings are synchronized between Shogun and MANUS Core.
Exporting for Merge
Configure the following export settings to prepare your data for merging:
- Export file per "User."
- Export the full skeleton.
- Hand Motion set to "None."
- Skeleton format to "Vicon" and "Vicon Default."
- Match the export framerate with the Vicon body recording you intend to merge.
- If both Shogun and MANUS Core recordings are time-coded, include the SMPTE timecode signal.
- Units should be set to "cm."
- Do not use the first frame as the bind pose.
- Keyframe reduction and resampling of keyframes are recommended for smoother merging.
Merging in Shogun Post
Follow these steps to merge the MANUS glove data with your Shogun Post data:
Open the Desired Take
Launch Shogun Post and open the take that you want to merge with MANUS data.
Access Script Editor
Navigate to the script editor within Shogun Post.
Open Existing Script File
Select "Open existing file" and locate the "ImportManusFBXFiles.hsl" script file from the installation folder.
Select the Subject
Ensure that the subject in Shogun Post, which you want to merge, is selected.
Run the Script
Execute the script, and a dialog box will appear, prompting you to select the MANUS exported FBX file.
Select the MANUS Exported FBX
Choose the appropriate MANUS exported FBX file from your storage.
Processing and Stitching
Allow the script to process and merge the hand data onto the body data in Shogun Post.